Thursday, September 23, 2010

Where have you gone, Wilson Tuckey? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.....

Oh wait..... there you are, buddy!

I have to say that I was disappointed with his first two posts. Sure, with his second there were tantalising hints that he thinks Marius Kloppers should bugger off back where he came from with his liberal ideas ..... but where was the fire, Wilson? What was with all the reasonably coherent posting?

Imagine my joy, then, at his third post. This beastie reads a little more like a comment on Andrew Bolt's blog. This is more like the Wilson Tuckey we all know and...... know! This is the Wilson bravely showing the Coalition the way through the wilderness, in stark contempt for the opinion of others, coherency, actual parliamentary influence and growing senility. But why are you all wasting time listening to me? Take it away, Wilson....

Greg Combet interview with Kerry O`brien on Gillards broken election promise to not  introduce a Carbon Tax reminded me of Paul Keatings LAW broken election promise. Tony Abbott should now introduce some LAW to the Parliament banning such a tax making it clear he will attend any Divisions involved.

This initiative will test Gillard and the Independants both in the debate and the vote. In particular to match their rhetoric with actual evidence as to the ECONOMIC1  and ENVIROMENTAL BENEFITS of such a measure.
Lastly, however, reader ..... I must ask you to imagine my visceral sense of horror when I realised what many of you are no doubt realising after reading the above. Wilson Tuckey is ..... me. Given a few years of disillusionment and the onset of early senility .... is it really such a stretch to go from herehere or here to .......here?:

Whilst a Gillard promise has a 24hr USE BY DATE she might just be prepared to provide a guarunteed (sic) figure as to the reduction in CO2 emissions per 1% of tax imposed excluding of course those emissions that are exported to other countries.
Having seen what lies ahead, dear reader..... I'm really not sure I can go on.....

Update: title corrected.

1Possibly Abbott could stand in parliament with a sign reading 'Where is da money, Ms Gillard?'

6 comments:

Hewhoblogs said...

You mean "Where is or money, Ms Gillard?"

Andrew said...

I thought it was 'da'. I do hope it was 'or', though..... 'da' seemed semi-literate.

Andrew said...

So I think, when I looked at this pic, that I made an excusable mistake in interpreting the word to 'da', in as much as my brain was working with the assumption that the sign made sense.

I was wrong.

It probably is 'or'.......

David Barry said...

Hey, I think you're right Fitz. I hadn't thought that it might say 'da', but now that I look at it from that perspective, it fits. A few media outlets also reported it as 'da'.

David Barry said...

Isn't it 'A nation turns its lonely eyes to you'?

Andrew said...

Yes, yes it is.