Monday, June 23, 2008

I'd like to talk to you about Sweden1

Australia, as I'm sure you're all aware, has seen fit to go about purchasing billions of dollars worth of sleek, aerodynamic, awe-inspiring killing machines with money we could otherwise have ploughed into education, health, supporting under-privileged combinatorics PhD students2 or .... I don't know ..... something we might actually end up using. Now, I'm wise enough in the ways of the world3 to realise that we're just never going to get over this desire to have cool tanks, ships and planes and shit .... so instead I've been thinking about something we could actually do with them.

Is there, I thought to myself, a nation on earth of such pure, unadulterated evil that invasion (or at the very least bombing back into the stone age) just for shits and giggles could be seen as justifiable, nay morally obligatory? It occurred to me, dear reader, that in fact such a country not only exists, but has been insidiously veiling its perfidy for years now with a cloak of high living standards, low crime-rates, silly accents and bad music4. I'm talking about Sweden, people.... Sweden5. They gave the world ABBA, and we said nothing - for we do not watch the EurovisionTM song contest. They gave the world IKEATM - and again we said nothing, for no-one is man enough to admit that they have a small collection of strange post-construction-superfluous connective plastic thingies they hope like hell are not essential to the well-being of their cabinet. Then they gave us Hälge ... and there was nothing much to say, really. Would we stand alone, dear reader? I think not. I submit that the maiden mission for our shiny new F35s is clear......

Figure 1: proposed bombing route sticking to international
airspace and avoiding national boundaries6



1You see, dear reader, it's occurred to me that Google whoring is for losers. I've decided to try my hand at a little crazies trawling. And methinks that the true crazy is of a mind to post first, read footnotes later.

2You think all of those multi-coloured pens and 3 hour lunches at 5 in the afternoon pay for themselves? Ask Geoff.... they don't. In fact, after this post I shall look into an 'sponsor a combinatorist' scheme. I submit that there is no heart so hard as to be supplied with Geoff's downcast visage and not give generously.

3Honest....

4Yeah, you heard me Dave. For Abba alone must the Swedes die....

5I'd just like to take this moment to forestall a few scurrilous insinuations. This maniacal desire of mine to pluck Sweden clean from the stream of history has nothing at all to do with the fact that a Swede kept me awake last night .... and not in a good way. I spit on such theories, sir, with the phlegm of righteousness.

6Norway doesn't count.

22 comments:

Nini said...

I will not be party to this senseless violence against the homeland of my father!!

The second blog that agrees with you told me they speak Spanish in Sweden. I Did Not Know That. Also they seem to be planning on 'invading' in a somewhat different way...

Ben said...

I would never be involved in any 'sponsor a combinatorist' scheme'! However, I am very interested in an 'invest in a combinatorist' scheme. I will give the combinatorist moneys, then they use the "Power of the Maths" in games of pub poker to win meal vouchers and beer tabs that I can then enjoy.

Ben said...

I foresee that my money will be invested according to these strict fiscal parameters.

Also Andrew avoid vehicles and also check this shit out for me before Sunday 13 July.

David Barry said...

I was listening to ABBA the other day.

ABBA are really good.

Andrew said...

Anita and Dave: You're not calling me ... unreasonable ... are you?

David Barry said...

Yes, I am calling you unreasonable. All ABBA songs are at least good, and most of them great.

Honey Honey is a good example.

Nini said...

Is that similar to Sugar Sugar?

Fitz, I think you should launch your attack from the west coast of Australia instead of the east.

That way you may get lost in the desert before you manage to leave.

David Barry said...

It's not really the same, no. They do have some words in common though. The 'honey honey' bit, for instance.

This captcha text: toootab

Andrew said...

You can tell Honey Honey, Anita, by its being the most annoying song written by anyone, ever. I have never been so close to committing the bloodiest of murders as when I had to listen to the fucking thing every fucking night whilst working at QPAC during Mama Mia.


P.S. Ben, I'm totally going to check out that thing in Wellington.

Ben said...

I see you are trying to move away from your cock jokes, good for you Andrew. Sweden is a curious choice though.

Hewhoblogs said...

You're not the first one Andrew.

http://www.godhatessweden.com/

Andrew said...

Wow.... I never realised.... if god hates Sweden, well, I guess they must be doing something right.....

Ben said...

I checked to see who registered that domain name... Yay! Go the Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas. The same people who were going to picket Heath Ledger's funeral.

Domain Name: GODHATESSWEDEN.COM

Registrant:
Westboro Baptist Church
3701 SW 12th
Topeka, KS 66604
US
7852730325

Administrative Contact:
Hockenbarger, Charles chockenbarger@cox.net
3701 SW 12th
Topeka, KS 66604
US
7852730325

Andrew said...

I wonder if anyone's registered a "god hates god" web-site..... only it strikes me that, what with being the creator of the universe and all, god's the biggest fag-enabler of them all....

Ben said...

The Chaser's War on Everything did an interview of the preacher while he was picketing a funeral.

Andrew said...

Yeah, I've seen it .... I miss the Chaser.....

David Barry said...

WBC are weird. I'd never read their Wikipedia article before just now.

David Barry said...

What bizarre people are saying that that poll demeans us both? It didn't demean me.

Andrew said...

Well, I guess somebody missed a subtle degrading message, there.....

David Barry said...

I'm now reliably informed that you're making a Simpsons reference.

Tim said...

What a freaking stupid idea . . . You are a moron, I'm afraid!! Freaking liberals!!!!

~Some guy from trivia

Andrew said...

Thanks, Tim ...... but the effect's just not the same if the crazies don't post for them self.

I appreciate the effort, though.