Saturday, July 5, 2008

Never one to let a pointless smack-down go .....

I come to bury Chris' blog, not to praise it;
The crap that bloggers write lives after them,
The good is oft hard to find, though one doth spend many an hour clicking "older posts"
So let it be with myblogisagoodblog ... The noble Georff
Hath told you Chris was pompous and sarcastic:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Chris answered it ...
Here, under leave of Georff and the rest,
(For Georff is an honourable man;
So are they all; all honourable men)
Come I to speak in myblogisagoodblog's funeral ...
It was my friend, faithful and just to me:
But Georff says Chris was pompous and sarcastic;
And Georff is an honourable man….
It hath brought many bizarre prattlings of Christopher Pearson to our attention,
Whose ramblings didst suck smart from our heads:
Did this in Chris seem pompous and sarcastic1?
When the ukuleles played, Chris hath wept:
Sarcasm should be made of sterner stuff:
Yet Georff says he was pompous and sarcastic;
And Georff is an honourable man.
You all did see that on March 14 2008
Chris didst write a trivia report as epic poetry
Which, when bested by a cheap cock joke, didst lead to much dummy spitting: was this pomposity?2
Yet Georff says he was pompous and sarcastic;
And, sure, he is an honourable man3.
I speak not to disprove what Georff spoke,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did love his blog once, not ..... completely ..... without cause:
What cause withholds you then to mourn for it?
O judgement! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason…. Bear with me;
My sincerity is on the floor there with my broken dreams of getting work done today,
And I must pause till it come back to me.

1Well, yes, actually....

2Well, again .....

3O.K. so, I have to admit here that the effort involved in saying that so many times with a straight face .... well, I'll be sore in the morning.

4 comments:

Hewhoblogs said...

Methinks there is much nonsense in his sayings.

Geoff said...

Darling, you don't want to hear what I said about your blog.

By the way, Fitz darling, I happened to be in the same room as a certain person when they googled themselves (unprompted by me). "What the hell! It's Fitz's blog," was the result.

Andrew said...

What are you saying, sweet cheeks?

You .... trash-talked ... my blog?

I simply refuse to believe it. Also, you missed the obvious one

Anonymous said...

It's Geoff the keyboard player!

Well I just found out I wrote blogs. LOL