Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Human-chimpanzee wrestling: discuss

As we all watch the dust settle from that smack-down we're probably all asking ourselves the same questions. How did it come to this? Who even won? Well, imagine I'm affecting the cold, disaffected cynicism of a seasoned war veteran as I suck down on the tail-end of a cigarette before tossing it away in an off-hand manner, staring off into the distance and saying "there were no winners here today ...... but I can tell you who lost. The biggest loser here today was human dignity". This makes for a neat segue which allows me to post on the front page the chimpanzee wrestling video I mentioned in the comments to the previous posts .... I feel it belongs there..... I feel I need to bring it to that vast untapped audience of three or so people who read all the comments for that last post but couldn't have been arsed clicking on all the links.



As you were, people.

9 comments:

Nini said...

"Everybody loves chimpanzees because they're so cute and all, but when you do the research, you find that chimpanzees are terrifying. They actually murder each other." ~ Tim Burton

Ben said...

As I were? I'm going to go back to my dancing then.

Andrew said...

I thought that was a plug...... I wish that was a plug....

Ben said...

Yeah that link is pretty wrong. Andrew I'm winning the caption competition (so far)! So I have the respect. OOoooo baby.

Adriana said...

Fitz, that is fucked up. It is cruelty.

I'm very unimpressed.

David Barry said...

I'm glad someone other than me commented on the video. (I did so in the other thread.)

You have to admit though, you want to try some Skippy peanut butter now.

Geoff said...

I agree with Adriana. It is cruel to force animals to perform for your entertainment. It was obvious that the chimpanzee didn't want to be there and if you look carefully at the end of the footage I think you can see the chimpanzee being choked.

If you want entertainment, then try convincing your friend to dress himself in a chicken suit. That is funny.

Andrew said...

Umm.... you realise I'm not endorsing the practise, right people?

Anyways, next time someone talks about the next Big Brother type reality show representing a new low in televisual entertainment - you direct them here, yeah?

Also, you might perhaps feel better about it all if you know how it ends. Shortly after the tv show's camera leaves the chimp he finds this bone lying around and picks it up, while his human antagonist is sitting in the other corner having a drink. Tentatively at first he circles around the man lifting the bone as if to strike him then falling back. Finally, giving no outward sign that this approach should be any different than any of the others he slams the bone into the back of his antagonists head repeatedly.

Also Sprach Zarathustra is playing in the background, and we finish with the bone being thrown into the air triumphantly....

Hewhoblogs said...

Cut to this.