Thursday, January 31, 2008

Worst. Trivia. Blog. Ever.

Popular demand requires me to post a blog entry. Having 181 unique visitors since google analytics started recording them some time in December, the reader may assume that when I say popular demand .... well, that means something damn-it, by bush-league blogging standards. Sadly, I am fully aware that a large portion of these visitors came in search of cock or ass rating and left swiftly in annoyance (you know who you are). Approximately 1/3 of all unique visitors, in point of fact. Actually, an important part of my morning ritual involves having a look at the map overlay section of google analytics to see if any new countries have been highlighted (I have visitors from 23 countries at present)1.

No. Actually, I am still sufficiently grounded in my own insignificance to accept that when two people demand a blog update, this is a size-able proportion of my real readership, and perhaps I should respond. There are 4 things, then, that I should make perfectly clear here. We played trivia last night. We did not suck. We came 5th. 4 I left the trivia sheet at home. So rather than an in-depth breakdown of last nights frivolities, I will instead give a few tips that someone with a time machine and no better ideas on how to use it to make money than visiting Harry's trivia on wednesday night might find useful.
  1. An octopus has three hearts.
  2. The most famous explorer to work with Matthew Flinders on the Tom Thumb was not his cat. It was Bass. Knowing Flinders alone won't get you 1/2 marks.
  3. Occasionally, Shannon Noel really is the answer.... sometimes even when it isn't. 
Here endeth the lesson, grasshopper.

1"What's this?" I ask myself "a new visitor from Cambodia, who visited a single page and spend approximately 0 minutes 0 seconds there? I wonder what they were looking for ... "

8 comments:

Unknown said...

For a moment, I fell into old habits of feeling guilty for not attending, before realising that I couldn't.

David Barry said...

An octopus has three hearts.
I have a degree in ag science.

Geoff said...

Couldn't Anita? Or chose not to? Before claiming to a mathematician that something is impossible you had better make sure that it is logically inconsistent or perhaps only possible through the intervention of some quasi-omnipotent deity. I think what you mean to say is that it would have been infeasible for you to do so. That I would have accepted.

By the way, how are you Anita?

Unknown said...

Not quite so cocky now, Geoff. Thanks.

Andrew said...

Yeah, I would have been suitably mollified with "before realising that my attendance would just be silly". The term "silly" being sufficiently ill-defined to avoid all accusations of making over-grandiose claims.

I expect you to be more careful next time, Anita.

Ben said...

This is very silly too Andrew.

mohammed12 said...

Hay Anita be careful in trusting guys.
-----------------
mohammed


Wide Circles

[url=http://www.addictionrecovery.net/virginia]Wide Circles[/url]

Andrew said...

Yeah, Anita.