Monday, March 14, 2011

Mark Sharma Mark Sharma Mark Sharma.

So, apologies to all (of, like, three of you) about my tardiness in posting in this new year of ours. Busy, and all that.

There are two things which have conspired to bring this hiatus to an end, and they're kind of where I left off last year anyway.

So, if one mosies on over to Andrew Bolt's blog and scrolls down .... some distressingly high number of pages1 .... one will come across the remnants of him and Tim Blair probably thinking they've just pulled off the great Australian culture-war version of the Sokal affair or something.

Imagine I am now wearily wiping a tear of laughter from my eyes while I just take a moment to congratulate them on uncovering this dirty secret that no-one has ever noticed before: that it is really, really easy to get dumb shit published on Unleashed. Congratulations, fellas. You Rock. No, seriously, you do.

Dickheads.

Anyway, this brings me nicely to my next subject .... which the astute reader may well have inferred from the title of this post. Because that story was in fact broken wide open by one Mark Sharma on the 26/11/2010. Unleashed articles will, I submit, never get dumber than that one. And that guy wasn't a fake. He is, in fact, running for the seat of Strathfield in the upcoming NSW election:

He seems pretty proud of this sign, too. He posted it on Twitter.

Which brings me to my Fitz-the-blogger plays public service announcement moment to the good people of Strathfield. I'm not dis-endorsing Mr Sharma. Quite the contrary, from my point of view Australia gets just that much more hilarious in the, I'd have to think highly unlikely event, that he actually gets in. So by all means, please do vote for him.

I just think that you should probably know that he wrote, then subsequently deleted, the following comment on this blog, though2:



VOTE 1 MARK SHARMA!

1Which is kind of the way he works, I guess. It's actually a good thing, in as much as it promotes a massive stream of comments, to go around publishing non-researched demonstrable falsehoods and thinly-veiled wink-wink, nudge-nudge incitements to racist bullshit when you publish like 50 posts a day anyway and have a readership which looks like what might happen if you collected all of the head trauma victims of a hospital into one room or something. Anyways, I guess you've got to hand it to him, his business model works.

2Sorry, Mark. It turns out screen-shots are really easy to take in this day and age.